
Chapter 9, Draft 1 is done!
How do I put together a chapter? Well, fortunately for me, a great deal of this book has already been in draft format for a while. The unfortunate part is that it is in the wrong order... I've changed the pace of this story about 8797934873 times since I started.
Sometime last year, I took each scene out of drafts and saved them as separate files... about 300 in all, I think. No way I'm going to waste all that writing! Now what I do is weave new writing into some of these scene, place in the right place, edit, re-write, edit ad infinitum until I'm happy.
Tonight I continued a bit of a storyline from Part II and got Jeskha and Alaric on their way. Now, Chapter 10 is going to be a doozy -- new stuff a return of some characters that were very patiently waiting in the wings.
Let's see how that turns out!
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, June 23, 2009
at Tuesday, June 23, 2009
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
The War of The Keshkin
There was a time, generations in the past, when there were fourteen children born of Divine parentage, whose souls were torn by a civil war that had nothing to do with civil and everything to do with war. A Father battled a Stepfather, leaving a Mother helplessly crushed between them and unable to halt the tide of enmity.
The threat to their combined children was great, for each was Gifted, given Divinity in a small measure from the two men. For every ten drops of blood these children bore, four were Immortal. And as Divinity clashed with Itself, the Gift within each child began to twist them from inside.
So, they cried for help, loud enough to rattle the foundations of the lands in which they lived. And the only one to hear them was the one who gave them life.
Each child was placed in their own safe haven, protected for the barrage without, able to strengthen their Gift within.
She gave them Sanctuary.
Had she failed to do so, this story would never have taken place. The Sundering would have been complete.
The threat to their combined children was great, for each was Gifted, given Divinity in a small measure from the two men. For every ten drops of blood these children bore, four were Immortal. And as Divinity clashed with Itself, the Gift within each child began to twist them from inside.
So, they cried for help, loud enough to rattle the foundations of the lands in which they lived. And the only one to hear them was the one who gave them life.
Each child was placed in their own safe haven, protected for the barrage without, able to strengthen their Gift within.
She gave them Sanctuary.
Had she failed to do so, this story would never have taken place. The Sundering would have been complete.
Crazy Writer Say What?
When I was 13 I read this book. While I was reading, a wicked little gremlin whispered in my ear "You could write something like that." Since I was young and impressionable, I borrowed (read: stole) my mother's manual typewriter and started.
The Great American Science Fiction Novel was completed 3 months later... and was 53 pages long. Maybe one day I'll publish it.
However, now that I'm 29 years older, I can't use the gremlin excuse any more. Can I?
The Great American Science Fiction Novel was completed 3 months later... and was 53 pages long. Maybe one day I'll publish it.
However, now that I'm 29 years older, I can't use the gremlin excuse any more. Can I?
My Other Blogs
Followers
BlackInkAlchemy @ Artfire
Categories
- alaric
- angels
- audiobooks
- august fun
- back in the day
- begging
- boring progress post
- chapter nine
- characterphail
- chitra banerjee divakaruni
- committment
- conn iggulden
- coolness
- duncan
- fire in the loins
- genghis khan
- giveaway
- just say no
- kindle
- krishna dharma
- laraidra
- mahabharata
- melanie raw
- memories
- my book obsession
- new
- omg i wrote another story
- readerphail
- reading
- seriously?
- tdb
- trivia question
- typewriter
- u
- waiting and wishing
- wft chapters
- writer overload
- writer phail
- writers block
- writing roots
- wtf characters
- wtf trivia