The dirty work of writing  

Posted by The Haeven Crew

I finally succumbed to the inevitable.

If there is one thing about writing I hate (aside from writing blurbs & synopses) is writing an outline. I never know how to do it right, I never really knew why it was necessary, and I thought it was a colossal waste of paper.

Until now.

I'm about hip deep into the first draft of Part Three of The Defender's Burden (Chapters 9 through 12), and I realize that, in order for this doggone thing to make any sense to anyone aside from myself, I need to write an outline.

And that's when I realized that my timeline was about to slide into oblivion.

Bad writer! *smacks own hand* Bad! Just because you know what's going to happen doesn't mean everyone will unless you put it down right.

*sigh*

So now, I can edit Part Three with some authority.

I can tell you now that Part Three is turning into quite a family affair. There is a lot of family dynamic that needs to be covered before all the things in Parts One and Two actually get to a culmination. This is going to be fun for me, because I get to re-assess some of my least favorite and most favorite characters, all of whom happen to be related. Being an only child, sibling rivarly fascinates me. I'm raising siblings, so I enjoy watching my 4 year old dominate my 15 year old, just because she's tiny and cute.

If those of you who are reading this, care to drop a few comments my way about siblings and how they interact, I'd love to read it.

Anyway, back to the grind stone....

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at Tuesday, June 30, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment