A beautiful book  

Posted by The Haeven Crew in ,


Even though I'm hooked on audiobooks, there are still times when I will read print books... especially when they aren't available on audiobook or I haven't gotten my credits from Audible yet.

The only problem I have with reading print books is that I tend to read them very fast. For example, I just finished reading The Jewel of Medina by Sherry Jones. I bought the book Friday and finished it Sunday evening. *sigh*

Any way, this book was a very gentle tale about Aisha, the youngest wife of the Prophet Muhammed. It turns out that she is a very integral part of Islam as it is today -- she is part of the reason that there is a division between Sunnis and Shiites. Shiites apparently can't stand Aisha; Sunnis revere her as the beloved of the Prophet. What's even more fascinating is that Sherry is a non-Muslim.

Interestingly enough there is another book written about Aisha that' s just come out, by another author. I can't wait to get this one, to see what this author has to say about this fascinating little woman.

Yes, I'm still on audio with Ghengis, Birth of an Empire by Conn Iggulden (God, I love that last name). I'm such a historical fiction junkie, sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. After all, I'm the fangirl that wrote Colleen McCollough and asked for her bibliography when she first published The First Man in Rome.

Tomorrow, I think I'll tackle another few paragraphs of Chapter Nine. First I need to set in my brain what exactly Jeskha and Alaric think about Carbinia and the city of Alnyagel. Fresh eyes certainly have fresh perspectives.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at Tuesday, June 23, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment