Ah, those were the days....  

Posted by The Haeven Crew in , , ,


When I was 13 years old, I decided to start writing the "Great American Sci-Fi Novel". Back then, there was no way that I could just sidle up to my PC and start clicking away. So, for lack of a better idea, I grabbed my mother's little Royal typewriter and started banging away.

Unfortunately, my little Royal didn't look like this little Royal from PoeticHome's Etsy Shop. If I get my hands on an extra $390 plus shipping, I'm going to make this baby mine.

There is something visceral and tangible about typing on a typewriter. Yes, the creative process can go as fast as I think on a PC (typing 100 wpm will do that), but when you use a typewriter, you can almost feel the words coming through your fingers. I'm actually thinking about a way to incorporate the typewriter back into my regular business practices (like for business correspondence, etc.).

What brought all of this nostalgia about? I've been checking out the 2nd season of Mad Men on AMC. It takes place in the early 1960's, and, although I wasn't born until 1967, I remember being a secretary (because that's what they called them) back in the day.

Until I can get the 300 bones for the pretty pink, I'll probably have to do with this pretty blue baby.


Powder Blue Smith Corona Coronet Electric 10

Later all!

PS: The giveaway? No one has answered the question correctly, so it's continuing until the end of the month.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 at Sunday, August 16, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment